The $250 beauty device that works like 'Photoshop for your face': Firm launches vibrating oxygenation system that gives you clearer skin in 6 minutes
- Pollogen's new Geneo Personal device is an oxygenation system for your face
- It stimulates oxygen from beneath the skin for rejuvenating effect in minutes
- The device is launching at $109 for Early Birds, and will eventually retail at $249
Israeli beauty-tech firm Pollogen has launched a sleek new device that can give you a ‘super-facial’ in less than 10 minutes, without having to go to the salon.
The egg-shaped Geneo Personal is a handheld oxygenation system that taps into a process known as the Bohr Effect to give you clearer, fresher skin at home.
Instead of simply ‘rubbing air bubbles on your face,’ Geneo Personal stimulates oxygen from beneath the skin’s surface, according to the firm.
Pollogen unveiled the product in an Indiegogo campaign this month for a discounted $109 ahead of its official release next year, when it will retail at $249.
Israeli beauty-tech firm Pollogen has launched a sleek new device that can give you a ‘super-facial’ in less than 10 minutes, without having to go to the salon
The palm-sized Geneo Personal device is designed to deliver a high-quality, once-per-week facial treatment in just six minutes.
It releases carbon dioxide bubbles across your face as you exfoliate, lowering the PH levels at the surface of your skin.
This, in turn, draws oxygen up from beneath ‘to react and enrich the surface from within,’ the firm explains.
The carbon dioxide ‘stimulates a release of oxygen from your blood cells up to your skin’s surface,’ according to Pollogen.
‘This physiological response is what makes your facial skin really level up.’
Pollogen unveiled the product in an Indiegogo campaign this month for a discounted $109 ahead of its official release next year, when it will retail at $229. It's available in three pastel colors
The campaign has already raised more than $110,000 on Indiegogo, touting the ability to rejuvenate your face in a matter of minutes.
Geneo Personal is currently priced at $109 for early-birds, and comes in three pastel colors: powder pink, mint green, and white.
The device itself measures just under 5-inches long and weighs less than a pound. When it’s not in use, it fits into a discreet charging stand.
And, according to the firm, it will give you an Instagram-ready appearance – no filter necessary.
HANDS-ON WITH THE GENEO PERSONAL OXYGENATION DEVICE
Dailymail.com tested out the Geneo Personal device in powder pink
What strikes me first about Pollogen's latest device is its minimalist design.
It fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, and the charging dock takes up little room on a dresser or counter-top.
The device itself is straightforward to use, and to the joy of those who prefer instant gratification, the results are immediately apparent.
I used Geneo Personal for about three weeks and was impressed by the effects on my skin.
Unlike many other exfoliating devices which can leave your skin feeling raw, Geneo Personal provides a gentle treatment that cleans your face without making it feel as though it's been rubbed by sandpaper.
The moment I was officially sold, however, came after a long weekend of camping. This device made for the most refreshing post-camping scrub I've ever had, leaving my face feeling fresh and dewy.
The price-tag is undeniably hefty - especially for those who don't catch the Early Bird - but it's certainly a steal in the long-term if you consider the alternative of going out to get expensive facials at the salon.
‘It’s a 3-in-1 facial experience, because it Oxygenates, Exfoliates, and Nourishes your skin in just 6 minutes,’ said Sharon Ravic, CEO of Pollogen.
‘We put our face through a lot every day, exposing it to the sun’s harsh rays and air pollutants. It’s time to unlock the skin’s natural potential by raising the oxygen levels in our skin cells.
‘Throw out the brush heads and bring on the bubbles.’
Geneo Personal is expected to begin shipping February 2019.
Most watched News videos
- Pervert who tried to groom 13-year-old unmasked by paedophile hunters
- Moment teenager leads police on ten minute high speed chase
- Awkward moment Rishi Sunak hotfoots out of interview about Boris
- Ashling Murphy: Mourners line the streets for the murdered teacher
- Huge crowds line the street for Ashling Muphy's funeral
- Bridgen: Johnson and Cummings version of events on party contradict
- Moment pair of thrill-seeking base jump from 3280ft high cliff
- Lady Victoria Hervey: Epstein was front man, Maxwell was accomplice
- House of Commons reacts to Christian Wakeford crossing the floor
- Emotional Boris denies accusations he lied about lockdown party
- Watch Russian daredevil smash through van window at 50mph
- Watch e-scooter rider reach speeds of 50mph on the A406 in Enfield